Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF

I still love Fridays even after all these years. Like Pavlov's dogs i still get excited.

I'm still on my thirty day challenge to run every day and cover 50 Miles+. So far I've ran 35 miles which leaves me with plenty of time to complete my task. I've already ran 3 miles today but I'll probably go for a run later tonight just to help me get to put me closer to that 40 mile mark. When I say go for a run, it's really a light jog mixed with some running, because it doesn't matter how fast you run. So when I'm a little sore from running more than I'm used to I just take it easy for a while.

As strange as this may sound it is true: You burn the same amount of calories running, jogging, or walking. Well actually you'd burn a little more calories when jogging or running because you're exerting a little more energy in the vertical direction as opposed to the wonderfully efficient form of locomotion known as walking!

The main factor however is distance covered.

So while it is true that if someone runs for twenty minutes they will burn more calories than someone who walks for twenty minutes, it is because he or she has covered more distance. So remember no matter how you slice it, a mile is a mile is a mile, whether you run it walk it or crawl it. So get out there and start logging some miles!

No comments: